Thursday 14 May 2015

Tiger Woods writes letter to bullied by who stutters(VIDEO)

No comments
LOS ANGELES

Tiger Woods wrote a personal letter of  
support to a schoolboy who contemplated
suicide because of a stutter,saying "I know
it's like to be different  and  not fit in"

In the  letter ,published by Golf Digest
magazine Tuesday ,Woods revealed
he too had suffered with a speech impediment
and gave  the  boy encouragement  to over
come bullying

"I also stuttered as a child and  I would
talk to my dog and he would sit there
and listen until he  fell asleep.I also a class
for two years to hep me ,and finally learned
to stop, Woods wrote.

The  boy identified  only Dillon ,quit his
high school football team after being teased
and bullied and  his   mother then wrote to
LPGA tour player Sophie Gustagson of
Sweden ,who has had to cope with a stutter
throughout her career,saying she had only
just prevented him jumping into his death
from his bedroom window last month,

Thanks so much @TigerWoods for sending
my friend Dillon a letter,He got  so happy!
It's being framed and hanged #class"

Woods told Dillon he had to deal with many
barriers as a child ,such as being the only
black player in the field,

"But it didn't stop me ,and I think  it even
inspired me to work harder",he wrote I know
you can do that too,You have a great family
and big fans like me on your side
Be well and keep fighting I'm certain you'll
be great at anything you do"'

"I hope that  maybe one other person out there
that is also having struggles ,will hear my story
and realise suicide  is not the answer",


News of  the letter came out  just a week after
the 14 time major winner endured a high-
profile split  from girlfriend and US Olympic
ski star Lindsey Vonn amid  media reports
of infidelity by Woods AFP

No comments :

Post a Comment